Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Accountability

I have a soft spot for craft shopping. I go down the paper aisle and my pulse starts racing. Beads make my heart throb. Cricut cartridges make my temperature rise. A million ideas start building themselves in my mind so I stock up on stuff I don't really need and I never really end up using them. I have a dozen half-finished projects and almost as many barely started.

Hubster works all day so I'm home with Minion until about 6, when I start making dinner. Minion is an amusing child with this innate ability to know exactly when I'm thinking about working on a craft. She turns into the Hulk and I'm stuck in a whirlwind of Boom! Pow! and Wham! cartoon bubbles. Therefore I have the weekend to get housework, school work and craft projects done in a matter of hours-if we have a few hours of the weekend to ourselves, that is.

I'm almost positive if we set up a schedule and followed it every week there would be a feeling of accomplishment and no more second guessing about what's going on everyday. With that, I'd like to use this blog as a way to hold myself accountable. I want to finish the projects I've started.

I'm going to make a list of every half-finished project I have. I'll post where I'm at and what's left to complete. Every week I'll post updates with pictures so that I have to follow through with the list. I'm hoping this makes for a tidier work room, actual usage of supplies designated for my hobbies, and less guilt over spending money on stuff that collects dust.

After the list is done, I'll be able to go through my Smash book of inspiration and decide what's worth starting and go from there!

Next we meet, I will have a laundry list of goals. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment