Sunday, November 11, 2012

Oh noes!

As you can tell, I completely forgot to update my blog to show this week's dinners. It's getting pretty late so I think I'll do it in the morning.

I would like to take a minute to admit that I'm not perfect. I know. Shock and bewilderment must be washing over you. Sometimes I end up changing my mind last minute or we have dinner parties to go to. I can't schedule for every birthday or surprise date, but keeping our dinners flexible is important.

Even after my menu is planned and printed, I still cross out some meals and replace them with other recipes. Sometimes I switch nights. Sometimes I decide I just don't feel like whatever I have scheduled. That's alright. Unless you have some ultra perishable foods, you can hold off a day or two. If you're missing an ingredient, don't give up on the whole night. Make a new recipe or dig in to your pantry stash and make something similar with what you do have.

These are exceptions, not the rule. I don't want to let myself get in the habit of not following the planner. Do what you can and keep reminding yourself that it's much easier to work with a plan than to come up with new ones daily or an hour before dinner should be done.

Have a great night. See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment